Data Protection Policy
The purpose of this Data Protection Policy is to inform you of how Choc Spot manages Personal Data which is subject to the personal data protection principles under the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act (No. 26 of 2012) (“the Act”) or similar personal data protection principles applicable to government agencies. Please take a moment to read this Data Protection Policy so that you know and understand the purposes for which we collect, use and disclose your Personal Data.
By interacting with us, submitting information to us, or signing up for any products and services offered by us, you agree and consent to the Choc Spot, as well as our respective representatives and/or agents collecting, using, disclosing and sharing amongst themselves your Personal Data, and disclosing such Personal Data to Choc Spot authorised service providers and relevant third parties in the manner set forth in this Data Protection Policy.
This Data Protection Policy supplements but does not supersede nor replace any other consents you may have previously provided to Choc Spot in respect of your Personal Data, and your consents herein are additional to any rights which Choc Spot may have at law to collect, use or disclose your Personal Data.
Choc Spot may from time to time update this Data Protection Policy to ensure that this Data Protection Policy is consistent with our future developments, industry trends and/or any changes in legal or regulatory requirements. Subject to your rights at law, you agree to be bound by the prevailing terms of this Data Protection Policy as updated from time to time on our website. Please check back regularly for updated information on the handling of your Personal Data.
What is the information we collect from you?
Generally we collect information in the following ways:
- When you interact with our customer service officers via telephone calls, letters, face to face meetings, emails and social media platforms;
- When you request that we contact you or request that you be included in a email or other mailing list;
- When you respond to our promotions, initiatives or to any request for additional Personal Data;
- When you subscribe to our mailing list, submit a feedback or send an email to us or visit our website through our pages on social media platforms;
- when you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reason.
When you browse our websites, or use our applications and/or digital services, you generally do so anonymously but please see the section below on cookies. We do not, at our websites, applications and digital services, automatically collect Personal Data unless you provide such information or login with your account credentials.Please note that all personal information is confidential and will not be revealed to any third parties.
What do we use your information for?
Information collected from you may be used for the following purposes:
- To improve our customer service: your information will help us to effectively respond to your requests / questions, and support needs.
- To send periodic emails: we will send you updates pertaining to your order using the email address you provide us. In addition, we will also be updating you of any occasional company news, updates, related product and service information, etc. If at any time you like to unsubscribe from the mailing list, kindly follow the detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
Do we disclose any personal information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
International Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
As we value your privacy, we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions page that explains the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website
This Data Protection Policy, your browsing of our websites, and use of our applications and/or digital services shall be governed in all respects by the laws of Singapore.